Skip to content
- There are four types of renovation projects: basics, curb appeal, value-added, and personal preference. Not all of them provide a high return on investment.
- The basics include a roof that doesn’t leak, functioning gutters and downspouts, a dry basement, a reliable furnace, solid floors, walls that are in good repair, and retaining walls that work.
- Curb appeal items include a well-manicured lawn, low-cost landscaping, fresh paint inside and out, cleaned carpets, and new fixtures.
- Value-added amenities include new siding, kitchen renovations, and new windows.
- Personal preference projects include swimming pools, tennis courts, hot tubs, wine cellars, basement game rooms, and ponds.